Today, a common challenge for SAP customers is SAP Cloud Management, which can add in more cost and complexity without delivering the benefits that the cloud offers.
But, there is a solution: SAP’s Sap Cloud Solution, which addresses SAP Cloud Platform challenges and provides the flexibility and scalability that you need for your SAP solution. Avantra – Cloud Automation offer comprehensive cloud automation software making them a great option for cloud management.
To learn more about SAP solutions, read on.
What is an SAP Cloud Platform?
The SAP Cloud Platform (also known as the SCP) is a cloud computing solution developed by SAP to offer Platform-as-a-service (PaaS) cloud integration and extension services.
Being a PaaS, this cloud platform enables businesses to innovatively develop and deploy their data, applications and processes into the cloud environment using the SAP’s in-memory HANA database.
The SAP cloud platform assists businesses in three ways, which are:
- Integrating a business’s applications and processes to both on the cloud and in premises environments: This helps ensure that the business’s operations are seamless and that the organization’s employees, devices, processes and data are all synced together.
- Extending the power and functionality of a business’s enterprise application: This platform enables organizations to quickly and efficiently add capabilities to their apps and systems.
- Enabling a business to innovate by creating new and better solutions or using smart business services such as the Internet of Things (IoT), machine learning, artificial intelligence and Big Data.
The SAP Cloud Platform brand was officially rebranded on January 18th, 2021, to SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP), which offers the development and integration services previously offered by SCP and does one more to align the SAP cloud solutions into one platform.
Benefits of using SAP Cloud Platform
The SAP cloud platform brings plenty of benefits to the table. One of the advantages of this cloud platform is it can be configured with other Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) cloud service providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
This cloud platform also enables businesses to quickly and easily integrate their enterprise applications since it has already preconfigured integration content.
Which SAP Cloud Challenges do SAP Customers Face?
Migrating to the cloud can be a complex process. Multiple challenges might arise along the way. It’s always a good idea to find the resources and technical support required before undertaking the migration.
Some of the challenges that SAP customers face include lack of support and training on how to integrate their systems and unplanned downtime.
One other challenge that customers admitted to facing was having to use different SAP cloud solutions for different purposes and from different service providers. Naturally, this might cause confusion and inconsistencies among the business’s operations.
SAP helped curb this challenge by bringing the solutions under one umbrella: the SAP cloud management solutions.
SAP Cloud Solutions
SAP has come a long way in addressing the challenges faced by its customers. In fact, the idea for developing the SAP cloud platform came from the challenges that customers faced at that time.
SAP has been growing its catalogue of cloud solutions by either developing or acquiring them. Here are a few of the many cloud solutions offered by SAP:
- SAP Ariba: This cloud solution is beneficial for a business undertaking procurement activities. It contains applications such as invoice management, supplier collaboration and spend analysis.
- SAP Concur: This solution comes in handy for businesses that want to take charge of their travel costs and expenses.
- SAP Data Warehouse Cloud: This cloud solution is ideal for businesses with warehousing activities. It has features from previous SAP warehousing platforms such as SAP HANA and SAP BW/4HANA.
- SAP Customer Experience: This solution is ideal for businesses that want to lock in on a better customer experience. It includes solutions like SAP Customer Data Cloud and SAP Service Cloud.
The SAP cloud management platform offers plenty of cloud solutions for businesses and organizations. This platform helps businesses integrate their applications and processes, extend the functionality of their cloud and on-premise systems and innovate and build new solutions that the business needs. Some of the SAP cloud solutions include SAP Ariba, SAP Customer Experience, SAP Concur and SAP Data Warehouse Cloud.